TUTOR HUNT  updated : May 2018
Contained here are the Terms and Conditions which you must read and agree to before registering for the Tutor Hunt Website. Please take a time to read and understand the Terms and Conditions before registering for the Tutor Hunt Website. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms and Conditions once they login. Continued registration with Tutor Hunt is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
Please make sure that your email address we have stored for you is current and you can access it. You can update your email address within your Personal Info section once you sign in.
1. The following expressions are given the following meanings:
(a) "Contract" means the agreement between the Tutor and the Tutee for the Tutor to perform services for the Tutee.
(b) "Tutor Hunt Website" means the website operated by Tutor Hunt.
(c) "Members" means Tutors and Tutees.
(d) "Tutee" means a person that uses the Tutor Hunt Website with the intension of entering into a contractual relationship with a Tutor for the provision of tuition services by the Tutor to the Tutee or the Tutee's parent/guardian.
(e) "Tutor" means a person that has appropriate qualifications and experience to provide tuition services in the areas advertised by the Tutor on the Tutor Hunt Website, with the intention of entering into a Contract to provide tuition to the Tutee or the Tutee's nominee.
2. In these Terms-
(a) words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; and
(b) words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa. General
3. All business undertaken by Tutor Hunt, a Tutor and/or a Tutee or his parent/guardian is transacted subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other terms and conditions, these Terms shall prevail. Obligations of Tutor Hunt and related provisions
4. The Tutor Hunt Website has been established to allow a Tutee to contact a Tutor and to allow a Tutee to view the Tutor's profile.
5. Tutor Hunt will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of a Tutor and Tutee secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by a Tutor and Tutee on the Tutor Hunt Website.
6. Tutor Hunt is not responsible for appraising information on the Tutor Hunt Website. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal. Further, Tutor Hunt can offer no guarantee that Members are who they say they are.
7. A Tutor warrants that he-
(a) is of at least eighteen years of age;
(b) has the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified by the Tutor on the Tutor Hunt Website.
8. Tutors who contact Tutees who are under the age of 18 must ensure that the Tutee has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Tutee.
9. A Tutor is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the Tutor Hunt Website and for collection of all fees due to a Tutor from a Tutee. Tutor Hunt is not liable to the Tutor for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between a Tutor and a Tutee.
10. A tutor takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the Tutor Hunt Website and must indemnify Tutor Hunt in relation to any liability incurred by Tutor Hunt as a result of such information.
11. A Tutor shall indemnify Tutor Hunt for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of the Tutor Hunt Website, including costs and expenses incurred.
12. A Tutor must contact a Tutee through the Tutor Hunt Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
13. A Tutor must not be in any way abusive about a Tutee or his nominee on the Tutor Hunt Website or any other place.
14. A Tutor is not an employee of Tutor Hunt and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of the Tutor Hunt Website.
15. All information provided by a Tutor on the Tutor Hunt Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on the Tutor Hunt Website will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
16. Use of the Tutor Hunt Website is entirely at a Tutor's own risk. A Tutor must exercise complete caution when using the Tutor Hunt Website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services to a Tutee.
17. A Tutor must not complete on behalf of the Tutee any coursework, essays, or other assignments.
18. A Tutor must not request any upfront fees. A Tutor must only accept payment for a single lesson at a time, to be paid at the completion of that lesson.
19. A Tutee who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with a Tutor to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor. Tutor Hunt is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Tutee or a patent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
20. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, CRB checks and qualifications of any Tutor with whom he enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract. Tutor Hunt does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the Tutor Hunt Website is accurate and correct.
21. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor. Tutor Hunt is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor and Tutee.
22. A Tutee must contact a Tutor through the Tutor Hunt Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
23. A Tutee agrees not to use Tutor Hunt to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Tuition agencies wanting to promote their service on Tutor Hunt should contact us.
24. A Tutee cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
25. A Tutee must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or a Tutee on the Tutor Hunt Website or any other place. This include defamatory or derogatory comments.
26. Tutor Hunt is not responsible for examination entry; this is the sole responsibility of the Tutee.
27. A Tutee must not pay the Tutor for lessons in advance. Tutor Hunt are not liable for any financial loss that may occur as a result.
28. A Tutee must not request a tutor to complete coursework, essays, or other assignments for them.
29. Members must not use the Tutor Hunt Website for illegal, unlawful or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene or advertising material, or send viruses and worms.
30. Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
31. Members must not post material to the Tutor Hunt Website in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
32. Tutor Hunt has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the Tutor Hunt Website, whether provided by Members or others. Third party websites may appear on the Tutor Hunt Website. Tutor Hunt does not endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
33. Tutor Hunt is not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of Members, whether on the Tutor Hunt Website or outside of it. Tutor Hunt only provide a service for a Tutor and Tutee to be introduced. Tutor Hunt does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
34. Tutor Hunt is not liable for direct, indirect consequential or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of the Tutor Hunt Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
35. Members agree to indemnify Tutor Hunt against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the Tutor Hunt Website.
36. Tutor Hunt does not guarantee that a Tutor will be secured to meet the Tutee's needs.
37. Tutor Hunt is not responsible for any grade received by a Tutee or any consequence that examination grades entails.
38. The code, brand and intellectual property of the Tutor Hunt Website cannot be reused without Tutor Hunt's consent. All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the Tutor Hunt Website (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by Tutor Hunt. It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the Tutor Hunt Website, or any of the material which is found on the Tutor Hunt Website without the consent of Tutor Hunt. Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
39. By submitting any material to the content to the Tutor Hunt Website, you:
(a) are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
(b) grant Tutor Hunt a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form and any place; and
(c) authorise Tutor Hunt to adapt the relevant material and you waive the right to be identified as the author of the material in question.
40. Tutor Hunt reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the Tutor Hunt Website, or the entirety of it.
41. Tutor Hunt reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to the Tutor Hunt Website, or parts of it. Tutor Hunt reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on the Tutor Hunt Website. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the Tutor Hunt Website without prior consent from Tutor Hunt.
42. The open-access nature of the Tutor Hunt Website means that Tutor Hunt cannot prevent determined people whose Membership has been suspended or terminated from re-accessing or re-registering as Members, in breach of their obligations under these Terms.
43. Tutor Hunt reserves the right to withdraw any material on the Tutor Hunt Website which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring the Tutor Hunt Website into disrepute. Tutor Hunt does not generally monitor material which appears on the Tutor Hunt Website and Tutor Hunt is reliant upon Members to notify Tutor Hunt of anything Member's see here which appears likely to breach these Terms and Conditions.
45. Tutor Hunt may restrict access to the Tutor Hunt Website for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of Tutor Hunt. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
46. Tutor Hunt may monitor postings to the Tutor Hunt Website and communications through the Tutor Hunt Website and have the right to delete and/or block such postings or communications at their sole discretion.
47. Tutor Hunt give no guarantee that the Tutor Hunt Website is free of viruses worms or any other form of harmful components.
48. The distance data supplied on the Tutor Hunt website is calculated using the latitude and longitude of the postcode. On occasions we only use part of the Postcode, so Tutor Hunt can not guarantee that the data supplied on distances between postcodes is accurate.
49. Tutor Hunt may contact its members by the details we have stored on their account, this could include by email and phone.
50. Tutor Hunt may use data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
53. Severability. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
54. English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts applies to these terms.
55. You may cancel the auto renewal of your Premium Tutor Plan by visiting our Premium Tutor area. If you cancel your subscription, you will not receive a refund of any fees already paid.
56. We reserve the right to accept or refuse subscriptions. You may not transfer or assign your subscription or any other Plan to another account.